SMARTBIOCONTROL - Portefeuille de projets - Plateforme transfrontalière de recherche et de formation pour la promotion du biocontrôle des agents phytopathogènes
For this portfolio of projects, 26 partners from university laboratories, research centers and farmers’ unions decided to put their competences together to discover new biomolecules, belonging essentially to the lipopeptide family, able to struggle efficiently against several recurring diseases in our cultures and this in respect of nature. The portfolio comprises 5 constituent projects of whom the principal objectives are the following:
– Bioscreen : develop a high throughput platform of new biocontrol products
– Bioprod : optimize the production processes, develop the formulation and study the biodegradability of active compounds
– Bioprotect : test the different products available or in development on a large number of pathogens in greenhouse and on the field and study the perception of biopesticides.
– Biosens : develop new sensors to detect the agents of biocontrol and the different pathogens on the field
– Biocomgest : ensure the coordination and communication of the whole portfolio.
The constituent projects all involve at least one representative of each side of the border, which is a crucial factor in integrating and bringing together the skills, the sensitivities and the specificities of each zone leading to a benefit for the entire cross-border region. This will render possible, in particular, to test the agronomic potential of biocontrol products in each geographical area and on food plants of interest to all the regions concerned.